Friday, November 16, 2007

McKay and Tyler


A month ago I was taking all these pictures of Tyler and the kids and Posting them on our family web-site so that all the family could see little Tyler. (especially so that his grandpa Ken and grandma Judi Roe who are on a mission at the Washington DC visitor center could see them) as I was sending all these pictures Ken said that Maybe McKay would like to hold Tyler. And I thought about that for a second.... and thought... oh maybe he does. I didn't even think about it. I think trying to keep up with four kids and everything that comes with motherhood I just didn't even think about it. So the next chance I could I took this picture. I had to stand next to him because he would slide off if we weren't careful. So then I really got thinking. Even though McKay is 7, and Tyler was only 5 weeks..... it was as though I had twins. Developmentally McKay is only 0-1 month. He's my big baby and Tyler is my little baby! There still is a little difference though. Tyler cries when he is hungry. McKay does not cry when he is hungry. Tyler's eyes can track objects when McKay's eyes cannot. They both can tell me when their uncomfortable in different ways. Tyler will cry. McKay will squirm around in his seat, fling his arms around and move his legs up and down, and by the look on his face you can tell he's not happy. I just look at the two and it amazes me. What are they both thinking. are they thinking anything....... I know their thinking something.....I only wish I knew what.

4 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

You are such an amazing mom to Mckay (and to all of your other kids);), but I really think it is neat how much you love and take care of Mckay. I bet you do wonder what he is thinking. I can't wait for the day you two can walk hand in hand. Love ya!

MiandMiksmom said...

I love this post so much...what great insight. Thanks for sharing!

Chellie said...

You are such a great mom. YOU amaze me. You are strong and beautiful and love your kids so much.
One day Mckay will be able to tell you how much he loves you and thank you for how wonderful you are.
I always wonder what babies are thinking too!

Nan said...

I'm sure my Dad really loved this photo. I never thought about it as having two babies. Wow, the thought makes me tired!