Friday, January 18, 2008

McKay's surgery canceled

January 18, 2008
I'm a little frustrated because my computer won't read my camera. We can't figure it out, but hopefully we'll get that fixed soon. This has been an interesting week though. On Wednesday McKay was going to have a little surgery. In December of 2006 McKay had surgery on his hips. They were both out of the socket real bad and the doctor said that it's quite painful if we don't fix it. So he went in for surgery... the doctor put them back in place and he was in a spika cast, from waist down to his toes. Not very convenient and very messy. The day that we went in to get the cast off they did another X-ray to see how they healed up. they saw that the left one was still not in properly. So they did a second surgery on it in January of 2007. As I look back this was the worse time ever. I was pregnant with Tyler and so sick. I was also not able to pick McKay up. He weighed about 55 pounds alone, but with the cast on he weighed a ton! So with friends, family, the Relief Society's help I got through it. I again want to thank all who helped us through all that. You truly saved me!
This Surgery that was to be on Wed. was to remove the pins from his hips. I can't believe it's been over a year, but the doctor's say that it's not harming him to have them in still. So the reason I canceled was because he woke up on Monday sick. Tuesday same thing. the funny thing is the second I canceled it McKay wasn't sick anymore! I couldn't figure it out. I asked my mom if I should call and say never mind we can do it, he's fine. She calmed me down and said you never know... maybe there's a reason. just reschedule and hope he's really healthy then. Wednesday morning he was doing so good We sent him on the bus to school. the same with Thursday! The little stinker.... I think he knew he had gotten out of surgery! I think He knows more than we give him credit for! Next time we're keeping it secret from him! Now it's Thursday.... and McKay is home sick. Early this morning he was running a little fever and struggling. When he coos you can tell that his little voice is raspy. He's sleeping comfortably at the moment. So it's nothing major... It's just not fun having sick kids. No mother enjoys sick kids! but on the positive note- I do like the little break that it offers. when whatever is on the calender just doesn't matter as much. You can justify the fact that it's 12:00 and the kids and I are still in our pj'S! I may have to go shower here in a minute because I still might take Tyler to his 4 month app. that should have been 3 weeks ago! We'll see how the day goes!

6 comments:

Chellie said...

Wow-- what a chain of events and I think you did the right thing about canceling and then going with your instincts even though he was better all the sudden! :) ...or maybe he just didn't want any more surgeries!! Little stinker!
I'm so glad you are surrounded by good family and friends and the Relief Society and have had the support and help that you need!
No mom likes sick kids... such a bummer! I hope he feels better soon!

MiandMiksmom said...

You are such a good mama! I think you are right to trust your instincts...you just never know.

Hang in there though...it's so hard having sick kids. I hope he is feeling better today.

Johnson Family said...

Good Luck Tauna! It's so hard to always know what to do. Instincts are more that just instincts. It's the Spirit. It will happen when it's supposed to. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. We miss you!

Heidi Kjar said...

I think he does know more than we think! He's such a cute little guy-
I feel bad he has to go through all he does. You are an amazing person in the way you care for him!
Call me if you need me.

Tauna said...

Thanks Heidi! He's doing fine now. He started feeling better last night. He's been fine all morning, so maybe he's over this sickness. Thankfully!

Cordie said...

How crazy!!! Can I just tell you that your McKay is the cutest little boy!! He looks so much like his daddy! You have such a darling family and Tauna you are gorgeous!!!