Friday, January 18, 2008

Tag, Your it!!














I Love this guy so much! He Amazes me!













Tag, I'm It!!
My SIL Robin tagged me so here it goes....
What's his name? John Wilford Roe, John boy, John Dear, Cowboy,

How long have you been together? 10 Years!!

How long did you date? about 1 year. We would have been married sooner, but I needed to graduate high school first. (One small detail!)

How old is he? 34

Who eats more? ummm.... let me think about that one... John does! I can eat quite a bit myself, but John can put it down more than anyone I know. I don't know where it all goes? He has a hollow leg maybe!


Who said I love you first? John did. But I was sure thinking it way before he said it.

Who is taller? John

Who is smarter? I would say John. That's why he's getting the PHD and not me! But I'd have to say that there are area's where I'm smarter. but, to be really honest- John's probably the smarter one

Who does laundry? That would be me. but, I have to tell you... If he wakes up in the morning and can see that I'm a little behind in the washing and he has no clean white shirt to wear, he will do a load without saying a word. He doesn't mind doing laundry it's just one of those things I do.

Who does the dishes? most of the time it's me. several months ago when I was pregnant he did them almost every day. Now that I'm back to my old self, I do them. My new thing lately is Matthew is to empty it out every other day, and the whole family takes part in loading the dishwasher after we eat.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? John

Who pays the bills? I do. But we go over our finances together several times a week.

Who mows the lawn? John (and Matthew)

Who cooks dinner? That is something I like to do. That's one of my favorite things, when the whole family is finally seated and eating together. There are many times when John will cook something up. He's quite the good cook! as of lately, John won't be coming home from the Church office till about 7 or 7:30. He stays there and gets his studying and school work done. that makes for a late family dinner, but it works for us.

Who drives when you are together? John

Who is more stubborn?. Oh I don't know for sure. I think it's a tie!

Who kissed who first? He made the first move, but I was quick to follow!

Who asked out who first? This is a hard one to answer. I was still in High School when we met so the whole situation was a little difficult. We couldn't just go out on a date living in small town Smithfield. BUT, When we finally went to a movie on our first official date- John did the asking

Who proposed? John asked me to marry him in the one and only church parking lot in cove, Utah. He parked the car and turned on a CD of George Strait "The Nerve". He asked me to dance with him and during the song where it says "I get down on my knee, and ask if you'll marry me" (or something like that.... It's been a long time since I've heard it!) He got down on his knee and proposed. That was a fun day!!

Who has more siblings? That would be john. He has 9 siblings. I have 2

Who wears the pants in the family? I believe that would be me. due to the fact that he's not home much! When there are big issues- He does.

Now I'm going to tag.... my SIL's Michelle and Megan. Heidi, Joanna, Mindy, Rakae, Erica, Ashley, Alana, Koriann, Kelli, Laurie and Vanessa :) I know that's a bunch, but do it anyway!!

8 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

So fun to read this Tauna! I remember when you guys were dating! John is so funny- it was fun to read what you wrote about him. I'll get on that tag asap! It will be fun:). You two are so cute together- I love the pic at the top where your holding each other. Fun post!

MiandMiksmom said...

Y'all are so dang cute...seriously. I loved learning more about you too! I didn't know a lot of that stuff!

Chellie said...

You guys are the cutest couple! You are so lucky to have found each other. I remember watching you guys dancing together the night of your reception and thought it was truly magical... a match made in heaven!

Ruuddudes said...

Dang, you are the 3rd tag I've seen on blogs this week! I ignored the first two... but maybe tomorrow after church when the whole family is watching the Patriots & Chargers play, I'll do it. Maybe. Don't hold me to that one! :)

Clanturner said...

I remember when we all found out John was dating a high school girl. I thought what is he thinking? Then I met you, and I no longer questioned his decisions. You are amazing and he is so lucky to have you. You are an amazing mom! I know we all do what we have to do, but you do it so well.

robin said...

ok I'll have to admit that we were a little worried when John was dating you. We kept telling him to let you go to college for a year but he ignored our council and it looks like it was for the best. We love you and are so glad you are part of our family.

Cordie said...

I didn't know he was getting a PhD good for him! What is it going to be in??? I loved all those facts, you sure married a good guy!

Laura said...

Hey thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm glad you liked that link.

I have so much fun reading about your family.

So, I just have to tell you that reading this post made me remember that it's because of you two that I married my husband. How you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

I had John for Institue right before I moved away for college. He told me (maybe jokingly) that I should go to Institute and I would meet my future spouse there. So I went to Institute and met Kasey.

We dated and then when he wanted to marry me, my parents had a little problem with the age difference. I was 19 and he was 24.

My mom told me that she talked to you. I guess you told her that's how it was when you got married and it all turned out great! Whatever you said to her was perfect because ever since then, she's not had an issue with the age thing.

So, great post and thanks for helping me meet and marry my husband, however unintentional it was. :)

(sorry about such a long comment. I'll keep it short next time!)