Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We are sick- Not fun

On Monday evening found out that Tyler has RSV and a really bad ear infection in his right ear. He and I had been sick for almost a week but this last Sunday I could tell that he was getting worse. He wouldn't let me lay him down and he was very fussy. I thought he might have an ear infection. Later that night McKay started to struggle. He seemed to be in some severe pain. We did all we could do to help him but he just got more irritable. John bathed him, we messaged him, we gave him pain meds. and we held him. around 9:00 john gave him a blessing. When 10:00 came around and He was still fevering and struggling really bad we thought we better just get him to Primary's. See what they can do to help. If anything we thought they could give him some stronger medicine to calm him down. So we loaded him up. got the bags all ready and kissed him good bye. I stayed home with the kids while John took him. This was going to be a long night. But I knew it would be longer for John. I at least could lay down in the comfort of my own bed. John called me throughout the whole night as he would ask me questions or give me up dates on the tests. Every test they did was normal. There was no explanation to why his little body was wigging out. They gave him Addivan and Morphine.... that calmed him down, to the point that he was able to go to sleep. and around 5:30 they came home. McKay slept all day Tuesday, Tuesday night and is still very out of it today. This is good. So only time will tell. Sometimes his little body will act up like this when a bad cold is coming. So it will be interesting to see what develops in the next few days.
I do have to mention though..... That it's amazing to me how the Lord knows what's going on in our everyday lives. He is so aware. We've all been taught that it's usually through other people that our prayers are answered. The instrument in the Lord's hands. I am a true believer of this. On Monday night Kelli Packer was that instrument. She is my Visiting Teaching partner. She felt the need to bring us dinner for some odd reason Monday night. Well, Thanks Kelly, It's exactly what we needed that night. On the 14, McKay had his 2nd grand maul seizure. John was not home from work yet. but before I knew it 3 priesthood holders were standing next to me and McKay. How grateful I am. Heavenly Father is so aware of us. I know he is. The signs are everywhere!

12 comments:

Cordie said...

I love reading your posts, so inspirational you are! I just love your family! Thanks for sharing your testimony in bits and pieces of your posts.

kelli said...

You really don't need to mention the dinner thing in your blog! It was honestly no big deal. Sounds like your life is a little crazy right now. You are amazing, you smile through the whole thing, I would be crying! If you need anything please call, your kids are always welcome to come play at my house, or whatever else you need! I hope mckay & Tyler start feeling better.

Mel said...

I'm sorry about the sickness and the seizure. It must be really hard. How true that the Lord really knows what we need. I'm glad you were able to get the help you needed at the time. I hope your boys are feeling better soon.

MiandMiksmom said...

Oh Tauna, I had no idea about any of this. Please keep us posted on McKay's health and also little Tyler. How are your other two? You are an amazing gal...thanks for reminding us of the important things.

Anonymous said...

you brought tears to my eyes-- I am with Cordie... Thanks for the inspiration that you give to me! Thanks! I will remember your boys and your family in my prayers.

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

You guys have a beautiful family! Tyler is adorable:) You guys are an example to us...so strong! We added you to our blog so we can keep up with you, hope that's ok.

Love the Strouds

Kylene said...

I hope you're feeling better. I'm sending you a big hug from Idaho! Thanks for being so great Tauna.

The Swainston Family said...

You are one amazing women. I think I would be bawling my eyes out. You have always be very inspirational. I have always looked up to you for this great trait you have. You are always smiling. It is very true that the Lord knows what we need. This is Talesha Munson now Swainston. My prayers are with you at this time.!!!

M said...

Oh, I hope Tyler and McKay get better soon. It is amazing what things happen when we really need help. I'm so glad you are surrounded by good people to help you.

Nan said...

I had no idea you guys were still sick until Kara mentioned it yesterday. I hope all is well. Emily had something yesterday but is over it. We are doing eveything we can not to get sick, like keeping the twins home from nursery. There is just too much going around.

Give me a call if there is anything you need. I can pick something up for you if you need.

Amy Johnson said...

I'm sorry to hear about everyone being so sick!! You guys are such a strong family!

Ruuddudes said...

Tauna, I feel bad that your family's trials that you post are sometimes what gives me the strength to make it thru my small trials. Thanks, once again, for your testimony! I miss you! Wish we were close enough to go to lunch!