Tuesday, April 8, 2008

McKay's Wish

We did it! On Friday April 4th we as a family helped McKay make his wish....
he wished for:

FLORIDA DISNEY WORLD TRIP !!!

I can honestly say that this was a very hard decision. You only get one wish I we didn't want to blow it. So we thought long and hard about this. Two nights before the big day I was telling my mother what a hard thing this was, do we wish for a year supply of pediasure..... central air for the house.....what? Then she said these words that were exactly what I needed to hear. "This is not the time to be practical!" "This is your wish upon a star moment". So that's exactly what we did. When we told the kids what we were going to wish for I don't think I've ever seen them so excited before. It was a very fun moment for john and I to tell them such a fun thing. We've never done anything like this before as a family. We've stayed at g-ma and g-pa's houses, vegas with john's sister, Panguitch with John's grandparents and yes we've stayed in a hotel a couple of times here and there for EFY. But as far as a fun family vacation- relaxing- we have never done yet... So basically we are all very excited. We all need a much needed break from the 24-7 mothering/housecleaning ect... and John's Phd, a break from doctor visits, and a relief from the worry of the day to day routine of what we do daily. I'm not sure I'm expressing my feelings very well... but the whole Idea with 'make a wish' is that it gives families hope... and something fun to look forward to. They try to relieve the stress. Well, it's working! I'll post some pictures and tell you more about that night sometime soon....I just want to say.... wow! Is this really happening. We are feeling so grateful and blessed!






18 comments:

kelli said...

That is awesome! I am so glad that you wished for Disney World! you guys are going to have so much fun! When do you go? I want to hear all about it in person, so I will talk to you later!

Laura said...

I think your mother was absolutely right! I hope you have so much fun on your trip. What an amazing gift for your family!

Jayson & Carrie said...

Yeah! Good for you guys! It will be so fun to see pictures of your trip!

Laurie said...

Tauna! I saw your blog from Tara's. I am so excited for you guys!! That will be such an awesome experience. Send me an email when you have a sec and I wiil send you an invite to my blog. mattandlaurie@gmail.com

Chellie said...

That is awesome!! I am so excited for you to spend some time away from all the craziness with just your little family. It will be an amazing, unforgettable vacation!!

MiandMiksmom said...

Ooooh, Tauna!!!! I am so happy for you! You couldn't have made a better choice. When are you going? I am going to email you right now!

Katie Griffiths said...

I hope you all have a great time. There is just nothing better than Disney for kids.

Unknown said...

You will love the time together! It will be a memory you will never forget! Have fun!

robin said...

I'm so excited for you guys and the kids will always remember this time they got to spend as a family. Take lots of pictures.

Heidi Kjar said...

Tauna! I am SO excited for you!!!! Yay! You deserve this, especially since you have never been on a big vacation before- how FUN for you to just get away and enjoy yourselves!!!
Keep me posted on when you are going, etc.

M said...

No one needs this more than you guys. What a fun thing.
And I wish I could have been there to see the kids faces when they were told they are going to Disneyworld! I remember being told I was going to Disneyland when I was probably Mathew's age and it was one of those moments you never forget. And I remember telling my mom at the end of the first day at Disneyland that it was the best day I had ever had.
Your kids are going to have so much fun!

Melissa Hernandez said...

How fun! I have never been to Disney World so take lots of fun pictures and post them. I am so excited for your family. Your kids are going to be in heaven, I know I would be!!

Tim and Melissa said...

Yay! Congrats on making the big decision. What a wonderful time for your sweet family!

Ruuddudes said...

Oh, this was the perfect wish! Good for you! We've gone twice to DisneyWorld and there is something simply magical about that place! You will have a BLAST! I hope you get to have character meals! (We had dinner with Goofy once and Chip-n-Dale. Kids totally LOVED that!) So, when do you get to go? I think this is just WONDERFUL!

Jeff and Lea said...

I'm so excited for you all! That will be a great trip. I'm glad your mother said those words and helped you make the decision.

Cordie said...

I could have swear I commented on this post, I guess not! I am so excited for your family, you all deserve it! Have a blast!!!

Mindy said...

Good for you! I'm so glad you didn't do something practical. You and your kids will take this with them always!!

Cate said...

I found you guys through jill's blog. Do you miss your backyard neighbors? We sure miss the neighborhood and ward. I'm thrilled you guys are going to Disneyworld, no other family deserves it more.