Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Vacation

CHRISTMAS EVE
2008


Santa stopped by for a visit on Christmas Eve. What a fun surprise that was!


CHRISTMAS MORNING
Here they are waiting so patiently to go see what Santa brought- yea right!

Matthew was so excited to get his Rip Stick G and even more excited that the family got a Wii!

Hannah got her Princess Ariel dress and her most favorite was her baby that goes potty and drinks a bottle.

Tyler is more than happy with just playing with the boxes- Man we could have saved some money if I would have remembered this!

Tyler checking out his new hoop- awesome

He's wondering what's going on


HANNAH TURNS FIVE!
Dec. 26, 2008

We had a surprise friend birthday party for Hannah at home on the 13th. It was a
Princess Ballet party
. Boy was she surprised!

She had so much fun. We had all of them quiet at first playing "button, button, who has the button" and then we danced to "Miss Puffy". Every kid their was dancing- It was the cutest thing ever. Grandma Linnea could not make it because of the weather- aahhhh! she was bringing the cake! I quickly ran to the store and got the stuff and ran home and made one - it wasn't the best but it was okay. I made a chocolate cake for Hannah because for a whole year she reminded us that she only got a doughnut last year!! So I had to quickly make one.... but than I gave all the kids a cup cake.

Happy birthday Hannah
We love you so much!


December 26, 2008
we celebrated her birthday with my side of the family on her birthday. That night we ended up having a fun family party. Yes it was Hannah's b-day but it was also the day after Christmas when all the family still wants to get together and visit. So I combined them. Some may think that's bad- but She didn't seem to mind. It turned out fun. My Cousin Dana and I told all the family to bring something to add to the table- many of the cousins brought some tasty stuff! We were in Smithfield from Christmas Eve until January 2. So many things were planned. The first thing Hannah wanted to do on her birthday was....Ice skate- with grandma! I couldn't find my camera so no pictures. but at least I got it on the video camera. it was great, by the end she was doing it all by herself! She was one happy 5 year old!
*she said, "mom! When you turn 5 you can skate all by yourself!"

At the very end of opening her presents John Daddy had her close her eyes and brought in her big bike. again we surprised her!
She asked me if it was too big. I told her- No you'll get used to it!

He just had to give it a try- and wouldn't get off it either

Notice where her hair is-
yeah very close to the candle flame and Yes it got burned! I had to hit her hair to make the flame go out. She had no clue what was going on

Here she is with her Soccer - Ballerina cake.
The two things she loves to do

Go Aggies!!
The kids got to play with Big Blue at the basketball game and loved every minute of it. You would have thought we were at Disney World again. Big Blue was so awesome with the kids

BUDS

snowboarding
December 31st
John's side of the family went to Beaver Mtn. to ski and snowboard- It was the best day. Matthew has been before but this was technically his first time really snowboarding.

We spent the last days of our trip at the Roe home. So we basically bounced back and forth. We saw a few dollar movies. Got some yummy Chinese food- Tiny spicy chicken- so good! played in some great snow- and watched the kids build a snow fort.

The Christmas vacation ended with John and Matthew, uncle Mike and grandpa Ken watching the Sweet Win of the University of Utah!!! Yes I am an Aggie- but depending on who's playing who- I switch. It just depends. But the other night I was a Utah Fan!

4 comments:

Aaron & Michelle said...

Your family is simply adorable. I wish we saw you more often. We miss laughing with you guys. Hope we can see you soon.

Heidi Kjar said...

Hey Tauna- it was fun hanging out with you yesterday- we could have talked for hours, days....:)

The Neilson Family said...

Man...not a dull moment at your house! ...and you got a Wii? I'm coming over immediately. Gosh I gotta get me one of those.

The Neilson Family said...

Just got your comment...and oh my gosh Jed I'm sure would LOVE to dance with the guys (HA!) but he's out of town through the 7th. DANGIT! I'll have to let him know he's missing out.