Sunday, January 4, 2009

You may hate me but I love them!

These little cookies are the best! I love the memories that fill my mind as I make and smell them. I've decided they are my favorite home baked cookie. Andy Mint cookies are good too, but nothing beats sitting at the kitchen table (or couch) sitting comfortably indulging myself with as many pumpkin cookies as I want while drinking my tall glass of milk. I could do this in the morning, noon or night. The best time being after everyone has gone to bed! The quietness throughout the house makes them that much yummier. Guess what....they're healthy- it's got pumpkin in it! So now that this is the time of year when everyone is trying to cut back on everything and do more working out- if you just have to make cookies- make these.

My Mother's Pumpkin Cookies
2 cups Shortening
2 cups Sugar
1 16 oz. Pumpkin
2 eggs
2 t. Vanilla
4 cups flour
2 t. Baking Powder
2 t. ground Cinnamon
1 t. Baking Soda
1 t. ground Nutmeg
1/2 t. ground All Spice

cream Shortening and Sugar. Then add pumpkin, eggs and Vanilla. Beat well
In a separate bowl mix dry and add 1 t. salt
add that to creamed

Bake at 350 for 15 min.
and enjoy!

2 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

The best cookies I have EVER had thanks to you!! You rock for sharing the recipe!

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday! All your pictures are so cute!! I love anything with pumpkin in it, it might be dangerous for me to try those cookies!! :)