Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Poor little boy

If you were to go in Matthew's room right now...this is what you would see. He's got
Influenza A / Swine Flu. He got it on Sunday night. Found out on Tuesday that he was REALLY sick. Doctors orders are: stay quarantined in his room for 7 days. family- wear masks, wash hands, sanitize hands- especially if we have to go into Matt's room. stay in our house as much as possible- an occasional trip to the grocery store might be okay.... but than again that depends on who your talking too. It might not be safe to go anywhere. but anyway..... the kids all got put on Tamiflu last night. that was a wopping 300$$ Seriously- who's got that much money laying around. WE DON'T!! The doctor ordered that John and I go on it too- but I'm not sure if I want too if it costs that much. But we have to be so careful with this. We don't want little McKay to get it worse- well and really...I don't want to get sick. We're making that decicion today- so who knows....we might be on it tomorrow. John is not going to work- of what I know of he took 3 sick days- and is just working from our bedroom. so here we all are. McKay is laying over there. Tyler is playing beside me. Hannah wanted a little nap so she's in her room. Then in the next room over you've got the "do not enter room- or die" room with Matthew laying there. and then accross the hall you've got John at his little desk working on his laptop. I feel like we are running a hospital. yep... the Roe Hospital. The only thing missing here is the nursing wages!



8 comments:

kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelli said...

I am SO sorry you guys got it too. It is all over everywhere, your not safe at church, hospitals, stores! I hope little mckay doesn't get it. If it makes you feel better, only Brinley got it when we quarantined her. Keeping the kids quarantined after they feel better is the hard part. Brinley was so mad that I wouldn't let her go play! Here is my two cents go on the tamiflu. I really think that is why we didn't get as sick. It could be a lot more costly if you came down with it. If everyone is feeling better, then you got sick, you would just have to start all over on the quarantine, and if you get sick, it would be hard to try not to pass it on to little McKay when you are taking care of him. Tamiflu is only good if you get it in the first 40 hours of getting the flu. So as a friend and as a nurse, that is my two cents on the matter. Although, that is all it is worth, two cents. JUST SAY YES TO THE TAMIFLU. It will be worth the cost in the long run. Besides it seems to be people between 20-40 that are getting really sick, and when you feel like you are going to die in bed, you are going to be thinking that you would have paid any amount of money to feel better!(I am serious, on day four Brinley yelled from her bed, "I am going to die" Over and over.) Wow this is wordy. Good luck, and let me know if you need any help!

Tauna said...

Thanks for your "two cents". We said YES to Tamiflu. I agree completely with everything you said. It's just so scary...especially when we need to watch out for McKay. Thanks!!!

Kylene said...

Oh my gosh Tauna! I am so sorry. I wish I lived closer so I could help out. I'm glad you went with the Tamiflu. It's better to do all you can then wish you WOULD have. Hang in there...

Jenn said...

Tauna! I am so sorry Matthew is so sick! Please let me know if you need anything else!! :)

Darin and Joanna said...

Tauna, I am sooooo sorry. That really stinks. I hope Matthew feels better soon and no one else gets sick! Hang in there!

Deputy said...

Hey, I have that same laptop!

KALLI said...

oh my gosh! I am so sorry about sickness in your home. Hope everyone will be alright.