Sunday, June 28, 2009

This Week.....

This brought a smile to Matthew's face. My Mom sent the cutest care package about 3 days into the week. The timing could not have been better. He was starting to get really bored and this helped so much. In it were several activities and little treats that kept him preoccupied. That Silly putty that we used to get for Christmas when growing up (I now have passed on the tradition to my children) It came in so handy. He just lays there making different animals and shapes. The bubblegum...... well, grandma Linnea know it's his favorite. When he saw the gum his smile grew 2 times in size. It was the cutest thing.


Hannah and Tyler watching Annie for the 3rd time!

Yes it's been a rough week but if you switch over and look at the positive side of it all, here is what you get:

~More one on one time with each other
~get to watch some great movies
~I get to get caught up on my laundry
~We have to slow down a bit
~Save on gas money
~Get to spend more quality time with John (They did not want to get sick so they told him to stay home) Lucky me! I have to say it has been good to have him here- I know I would have gone CRAZY without him here.
~Some good reading time. I was able to finish two books, read the ensign and the scriptures.
~We would all get up and get ready.....and have nowhere to go.... It was great!
We got to sleep in our own beds...unlike the rest of my Mother's side of the family at the family reunion that we missed out on.
~Save money- I did not run one errand this whole week. at least once a day I'm out running some kind of errand- so this was good for our bank!
~I've personally met all of Sparkle's (Hannah's) dolls- I've known them before, but now I really know them. We have played house all week.
~Got to go to bed early
~worked on our Annie, and Mary Poppins songs, and the 50 states song. (singing helps the day go by quicker!!)
~we don't have to suffer from any bad sunburns...unlike the majority of you!
~spent much time on the tramp.... there not a hour that goes by that Hannah does not ask if daddy or I will go jump with her. So many fun games you can play on the tramp!
~We've also had to turn to our Heavenly Father so much. I know he has helped us through this and I am so grateful for that.
~and having pop cycles and ice cream daily is not to bad either!
We are alive!!!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great perspective!
I am so glad that you're doing better - sometimes it just feels GOOD to slow down. And being compelled is occasionally what it takes! Great attitude about the whole thing!

Kami said...

Poor Matthew! I hope he gets feeling better soon. Way to look at the bright side of things! Good luck!

Tauna said...

Hey thanks you guys. Kami you guys have gone private...I would love an invite so I can see your cute family! I hope you read this again!!

shelly said...

You guys continue to amaze me. I guess that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You guys must be really strong :)
I miss you folks. Maybe now that both boys are central office we might see you a bit more.

KALLI said...

I love your "glass is half full attitude"