Friday, December 7, 2007

Some Little Adventures

On Wednesday our big adventure for the day was Story Hour at Barnes and Noble. This was Tyler's first story time ever. Every Wednesday at 11:00 they have someone who reads a few books, an activity like coloring a picture or something crafty and a little snack. Way cute! 6 friends from the neighborhood went. These kids are my friend Jamie's. the 4 week old Amelia and Rylee who is 20 months. Hannah's new favorite thing to do is hold little Tyler.....yea, I said little....J.K....He's as big as they are!

On Tuesday We headed up to Primary Childrens Hospital. McKay was having a hearing test done under anesthesia. The test showed that his left ear hears better than his right. They said that his ears and middle ears are not to bad. where he really has problems is the connection to the brain. Which that was only expected due to his sever brain loss. They said just keep talking to him and pretending that he can hear everything because you never know when it will click. He came out of the anesthesia after a while. He was quite drowsy the rest of the day though. Hannah played at her friend Rylee's for the day, so I only had Tyler. (Thank goodness!)

For FHE we went to Tremonton to visit g-ma Bernie and g-pa Emerson Earl. We had a great time. It was Matthew's turn to do the lesson and he did a great one on Christmas and being thankful. We ate pizza and Bernie's famous dessert. Chocolate and vanilla pudding mixture with graham cracker crumbs on bottom and top. so delicious!!

Now we don't see this very often....my big teddy bear cousin Taylor holding little Tyler.
But when it happens I have to capture the moment!

this here is a great picture of my cousin Dana dancing with my Uncle Clair

Sunday dinner at my Uncle Alan and Aunt Geri's home in Smithfield. John is feeding McKay and showing some of my cousins kids how to feed McKay. They all love to watch. They all are so cute to McKay and ask the sweetest questions.

8 comments:

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Of course I don't mind that you added me! I was just waiting for you to respond to add you! Your little Hannah is a mini you. And Mcay is such a cutie...they all are! Your family is darling!

robin said...

love that pict of tyler smiling next to mckay they are so cute

MiandMiksmom said...

That is really interesting about McKay's hearing. It must be frustrating to not know exactly what he can hear or how he processes it, so it must be nice to get some information!

Your family adventures sound fun and the pictures are adorable. I love that your friend named her baby Amelia!

Heidi Kjar said...

Cute pictures Tauna. That's so cute all the cousins watching John feed Mckay. It was fun to see Dana in a picture too. Looks like you had a fun time:).

Laura Lu said...

Hey you, it was so fun to see your blog.... Your kids are so adorable and and You look great as always. Mckay is in our prayers, you are such a good mommy. Happy Holidays, and again your family is so darling!

Kylene said...

Your pic's are always so fun to see! Thanks for sharing. I hope McKay is doing better. One of these days you'll have to devote a blog to him so those of us who are just meeting him can understand the situation better. He is a cutie and you look so great!

Nan said...

Wow, I haven't been on for a couple of weeks and I can't believe all I have missed!

Love the picture of Tyler and McKay. Tyler is so happy by his brothers side.

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

Tauna,

OH I still love you sooooo much and have not forgoten the wonderful time we had you in our lives. What a blessing it has been to know you and watch your experiances with Mckay. I can feel the spirit of that boy just looking at a blog photo. OOhh I hope all this life experiance is worth it and we all have easier contact with each other in the next life. YOur sunshine smile is very missed by me. Tell JOhn Hi! If you ever run across my blog dont judge it. I can't get any time to work on it so it is very much less than half done. steph Gunn