Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Leah





Today grandma Leah turned 86. She is what we call a "recycled teenager"! We have a hard time slowing her down sometimes, she never stops. I am so grateful for her love and example. She has taught me so much. If I ever have questions about sewing, gardening, cooking, or whatever.... She can always help. One thing I love about her is how she loves to serve. Today when I talked to her she told me how working in the temple went today and was just getting ready to do her visiting teaching. She is always so happy and positive no matter how tough life can get. All the grandkids just love her to death. You will often see her get right down on the floor to play with them. The last time we were at her house Hannah was playing with the farm animals with grandma by her side. On Matthew's 9 b-day last Oct. McKay was laying on his cot in the family room where the rest of us were, watching Matthew open up his presents when all of a sudden Leah decides to sit on the floor right next to him. It was so sweet. She just can't get close enough! She always tell john and I that if she could hold him... she would. I think she misses those days! This picture here is our 4 generation picture. I truly do love these three people who are in this picture with me. They are part of who I am. I don't know what I would do without them. I am so glad you are my grandma. Thanks for being you.... We love you! Hope you had a great birthday!

6 comments:

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

We love your blog. Beautiful Family!

MiandMiksmom said...

What a beautiful picture...priceless! And your grandma sounds like one great gal! Happy Birthday to her!

Nan said...

Your Grandma is a great lady. I think I've known her all my life. Cute pictures!!

Katy said...

Hey Tauna,
Just thought I'd say hello. I look in on your blog every once in awhile. Your daughter is so darn cute. She has your perfect smile. Love it! You are an amazing person!
Katy Wassom
(Heidi's sister)=)

Cody and Mindy said...

Tauna I just love visiting your blog. Your family is beautiful and you are always doing the funnest family things. You inspire me daily to be a better mom. I have been so touched by your family. Thankyou! You grandma looks like one of mine and seems to act the same way too. I love it. We can't get enough of our grandmas and we too are so thankful for them.

Heidi Kjar said...

I love the 4 generation picture- that is so cute of ALL of you! You all have that photogenicness!! Now I see where you get it from;)