Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bitter ~ Sweet


Hannah, Emalee, Matthew, Tyler, Libby, me, John, & McKay

This was definitely one of those nights you could
could call bitter sweet! I just hate saying good bye- it's not fun. I just have to keep telling myself that it's not forever. Libby just left for Her mission to Nebraska and Emalee just moved to Arizona to play soccer for the summer. I look back over the years and can't believe how time flies. It seems as though it was just yesterday when they came to babysit for the first time. How it all worked was John and I were going to the temple and didn't have a babysitter lined up yet. When He went to teach that day I called him to see who I should call and he said he would find some students to do it. Well....Emalee and Libby said yes (They had no clue what they were getting themselves into!!) So that night the kids and I met Emalee, Libby and another girl- Monique for the first time. So they started out as some of John's Viewmont High students.... then our babysitters. These girls basically lived here that first summer. It was awesome having Nannies around to help with everything. In fact.... that was the summer we left for EFY in Massachusetts and came back to a perfectly clean home and awesome yard. These girls can do everything! Then from our babysitters.... to our friends. Let's just say these two are amazing. They both are so talented in so many ways. Our family loves them so much. It's always a party when one of them comes to visit. We've told them both to just consider themselves as part of the family! Again, thanks you two for everything- the fun, the laughter, the tears, the sharing, the listening, the memories, the love, and the help. You've done more for me than you'll ever know! I Love you!





John going in for a dunk

Great picture!!


How does he do that!!






Here's matthew getting some good competition!

5 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

Cute babysitters! I need to find girls like that for Spencer! No doubt he would fall in love with them. In fact, I was listening to a recording of my brother when he was a few years old. ...couldn't stop talking about "my girlfriend, Jennifer Dahle" who was our first babysitter. Bet your boys have a crush on those girls! Every boy LOVES their babysitters. Cute cute cute!

Levi and Marissa said...

Does this mean you're looking for a new nanny? :) I'm looking for a job in the Davis County area! That's still where you guys are right?

Ghislaine Richards said...

Hi Tauna, I found your blog-it is so cute! You have such a great little family!

Nan said...

I hate when good babysitters grow up! Sorry.

Jas & Cam Fam said...

I know how it feels. We just moved to Utah and I had to say good bye to some of my best friends....HARD! What neat girls to have in the family!