Thursday, May 29, 2008

First Wicked Aniversary



JB Ashlee Hinrichs, Us, Matt Laurie Sorensen, Tara brad Poll

Last weekend was the one year mark from when we saw wicked for the first time. What a great day that was. John for Christmas surprised me with the tickets and the following May of 07 we flew to Denver Colorado. We had all studied our "wicked", learned all the songs by heart and just couldn't wait to see how they played it out on the stage. I still remember how I felt when I heard the first beat of the first song when it started. Awesome! I can't wait to see it again! We are patiently waiting for the arrival of "wicked" to Salt Lake... and when it comes Matthew will finally get to see it. The top picture is us at our hotel getting ready to go to Wicked. The bottom picture is of the husbands just outside the ESPN Zone store. Unfortunately their was a Jazz game going on the same night (who planned that one?!) so we hung out a bit here to watch that. 3 out of 4 of us were pregnant, so there was a lot of eating going on- what do you expect! We had dinner at the Cheese factory. Very yummy! We stayed over one night and headed back the next morning. So really a good time was had by all! Thanks again John for the best Christmas present- that was very thoughtful of you. And happy Wicked Anniversary Ashlee, Laurie and Tara!



15 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

Okay, that was officially the best Christmas present ever! What a great memory! And how in the world do you and your two friends look so cute pregnant??????

The Neilson Family said...

I also LOVE that show! I saw it in Chicago last year...too bad it was with a bunch of business-type folks. You guys look like you had a MUCH better time! ...and dang you look cute pregnant!

Tawnia Zilles said...

Tauna,
It's me Tawnia Zilles! I found your blog and I have a blog too. I have a private blog so I will have to send you an invitation. Just use your email address and email password to accept my invitation. Please email me your email address. Mine is tlzilles@gmail.com. It's fun to see your cute kids. Take care.
Tawnia

kelli said...

Tauna,
Fun! We are buying season tickets this year, just so we can get into see Wicked. Also, I am pretty sure that two of the guys in the picture went to my same highschool, they are just a bit older. Is one of them a Poll? And what is the name of the kids in the black shift standing next to John?

Cordie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cordie said...

That sounds like it was a blast! I am glad you had so much fun!

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

hey Tauna,
Just checkin in. Uh did not know you were prego. Wow! good luck. when are you due and do youknow what it is?? love you!

Harris said...

what a great Christmas present! I hear it is AMAZING and hope to see it as well, we'll see. It looks like you guys had a great time though, its so fun to be with a bunch of friends...especially 3 being pregnant! SO FUN!

angela said...

I've heard such great things about that show. How fun for you all to do that together. Hopefully I'll get to see it when it's here.

White Family said...

Hey Sister Roe!! This is Laura White, previously Laura Packham back in BL where Brother Roe was my seminary teacher! I'm glad that you guys are doing well. You have such a cute family!

Heidi Kjar said...

So fun Tauna! You look so stunning in these pics, what a hottie:)
See you friday!!

Carrie said...

Tauna,
Hi, It's me, Carrie Douglas (Morris). I happened upon your blog, and I sure hope you don't mind. It's so much fun to get caught up on you and John. It's been SOOO long since I've seen either of you. I wanted you to know that your children are beautiful! Wow! You look like life is treating you well. Please tell John hi for me. I have a blog also.. you're welcome to check it out. Makeitcountmorris.blogspot.com So good to see you again! Take care!

Carrie

LoNi*-- said...

HeY! youR pRegNaNt!* I had No Idea! hoW AweSOme! im SO ExcIteD for you! Not to MentiOn HOw Adorable you are wiTH that cUTe bELly! :]
KAylONi*

Darin and Joanna said...

How fun! Darin and I saw wicked on Broadway when we were living in New York for his internship. LOVED IT!!!!!! I can't wait for it to come to SLC as well, I would love to see it again!

Melissa Hernandez said...

How fun, I have heard it's amazing!!! I can't wait until it comes to Salt Lake!!!