Friday, May 9, 2008

just a reminder!

I just wanted to post a little reminder to all you ward members about the Ward Beautification Service Project tomorrow. We will meet at the church at 8:00. We have 5 homes that we will be working on. Now because we only have 5 yards to do I think we will be done a lot quicker than planed. So instead of meeting back at the church at 1:00 for pizza and Ice cream sandwiches, we will be meeting more around 10:30 or 11:00. I don't think it will take us all that long. Of course.... the more who show up to help.... the quicker we'll be done! Some have been asking me what to bring.... We need some lawn mowers, tillers, edgers, shovels, rakes, gloves, water, and wear working clothes. We've lined up some trucks and trailers, If we haven't contacted you about borrowing yours and you have access to one, please bring it! Some have asked if I will be going or is this just a guys job. YES I will be going, I'm going to pack up the van and the whole fam is going. I want this to be a family service project. I'm hoping Matthew and Hannah will do a little work too. But of course.... Keeping the little ones away from the mowers and tillers. I remember 2 days before we moved from Montpelier our ward did something like this. It turned out great. It was so neat to see families in the ward working and serving together. I will never forget it! So rise and shine early tomorrow morning and come on over and let's make some summerfield ward memories!!

4 comments:

kelli said...

Tauna,
Good job on the ward clean up! I think we got off easy, because the yard we did was pretty simple to do and we had a lot of help! Anyway, I am sorry that I said, "Let's go!" I really only wanted to to get started because we had to leave early for Brinley's soccer game, and I wanted to get in as much help as possible. I am sorry!

Jeff and Lea said...

Happy Mother's Day Tauna! Hope you have a great day.

MiandMiksmom said...

I wish I was there to help! What a great project...can't wait to hear how it went!

Dale and Christy said...

I heard it was a total sucess. I love you and your positive attitude, you almost had me. HA, HA